UNDERWATER DRONE SERVICES
In water inspections of industries and other marine based assets such as vessel is now available as a service from EdgeROV.
At EdgeROV we’ve been focused on delivering the Seasam underwater drone solution to the Australian and New Zealand markets since mid-2021 but have now added a Inspection Services division to our product offerings.
This decision came about due to clients only needing a limited number of dives carried out so investing in an underwater drone is not viable.
With the recent introduction of tighter Federal Government Biofouling legislation for foreign vessels entering Australian ports the need to have a “dive ready” ROV inspection team is now important. EdgeROV will be provide shup hull inspections across the country through their own ROV Pilots or through authorised operators.
HOW WE WORK
Before commencing a dive extensive Mission planning is carried out to ensure all risks to property, personal safety and desired outcomes are covered. Also approvals from marina management or government departments prior to diving may be required.
Depending on the work required dive missions may need to be planned weeks in advance to allow time for approvals from authorities or where specific tides are required.
Quite often a dive will include a Lead ROV Pilot plus a second Pilot who will work as the Tether attendant.
At the end of each dive mission, the EdgeROV team will provide clients with detailed reports via Notilo Cloud, our video data management and reporting platform. These reports contain annotations of points of interest in a combination of video and PD formats. No other platform available in market today delivers such a detailed report.
We can even combine Aerial drone footage with the Underwater footage where both are needed. For example, there may be a need to provide external video of a water tank as well as in water video from within the tank. Both videos will be delivered to the client via Notilo Cloud
Some of the in-water services we provide include;
SHIP HULL INSPECTIONS
- Ship Hull inspections for biofouling
- Invasive species detection.
- Ultrasound Hull Thickness testing
- Anode, propellor, rudder and general hull integrity checks
- AI-powered fouling reporting for hull efficiency and optimised maintenance
- Detailed report with Underwater imagery
DAM AND RESERVOIR INSPECTIONS
- Bridges, Piers, Walls
- Grates, Spillways
- Pipes, Water towers
- Destratifiers, Netting
- Sunken vessels
- Wharf, Pylons, Moorings
- Abandoned or sunken vessels.
WATER TANK INSPECTIONS
- Full height exterior tank inspections with High-Definition Imagery
- Thoroughly inspect roof without safety concerns.
- Aerial footage and photos of the tank, site and surroundings
- Underwater ROV internal High-Definition Imagery
- Visual inspection of internal tank foundation
UNDERWATER SEARCH AND RECOVERY
- Commercial or Personal items / equipment lost underwater
- Assist with Marine Salvage missions using drone technologies
- Sunken vessels / vehicles lost underwater
- Emergency Service Recovery’s Personnel
- Assisting with Emergency Services using Aerial Drones